Yesterday was Captain Daddy’s birthday. Chicken Little and I baked a cake and decorated the house with balloons and party hats. Chicken Noodle took a different approach to celebrating dad. She made him a man cave.
Granted, it’s about the size of a shoebox. But despite its size, it’s very nicely appointed and well equipped. Using a nice collection of blocks, fabrics, and other design implements, Noodle custom-built a cave just for the Captain. It includes just about everything a 49-year-old fireman could desire.
Here’s the list she wrote, detailing the highlights of Daddy’s mancave. Some of these features really demonstrate Noodle’s intimate knowledge of her father’s preferred behaviors.
- Graham crackers for him to eat
- Girly stickers to freak him out
- Fake mustaches to pretend to be old
- A TV that only shows news and weather
- A sleeping bag with fifteen pillows
- A toilet that has lots of toilet paper and plungers
- A couch that’s hard and made of dirt
The artist added one final touch: an identifying bit of signage that reads “daddysmancave.com.” I think she’s on to something here. Stay tuned for news from our future entrepreneur.